You can do your taxes FOR FREE online through MyFreeTaxes.com or United Way IRS certified volunteers can file for you.
- MyFreeTaxes.com is an online program powered by H&R Block that allows you to file your taxes YOURSELF if your total household income was $66,000 or less in 2017.
- VITA, (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance), will prepare and file your returns FOR YOU if your total household income was $55,000 or less in 2017.
What to bring with you to a VITA site?
- MUST BRING SS cards or ITIN# for you, your spouse, and all dependents
- MUST BRING Valid picture IDs
- MUST PROVIDE Identity Theft Pin # if applicable
- W-2 Forms from all jobs worked in 2017
- Copy of your 2016 tax return (if you filed one)
If any of the following apply to you, bring documentation:
- All 1099 forms showing other income received in 2017
- Health Insurance form 1095-A, B or C if received
- Routing # and Account # for direct deposit of your refund
- Childcare expenses, with provider address & federal ID#
- Mortgage interest statements
- Any notices received from the IRS or state tax office
- College tuition and student loan interest statements
- Lottery/gambling winnings
- Unemployment benefits
If you lost or do not have documentation relevant to your situation, you can still get your taxes prepared. Go to IRS.gov to obtain more information at www.irs.gov/uac/How-to-Contact-the-IRS-1
Call (772) 567-8900, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Call 2-1-1 for additional sites.