We continue to focus on getting money into the community. Today, I am thrilled to announce the application period opening to access over $16,000 in funds through the Emergency Food and Shelter Program.
If your organization provides services as outlined in the funding notice below, please contact Meredith Egan with specific funding requests at email@example.com. You do important work and we are excited to offer this support.
United Way of Indian River County
United Way of Indian River County is proud to announce that Indian River County public and private organizations now have the opportunity to apply for $16,000.00 in federal funds (FEMA) for Emergency Food and Shelter Programs.
Under the terms of this grant, organizations chosen to receive EFSP funds must:
- be private voluntary non-profits or units of government
- use funds to supplement and extend existing services and programs
- have an accounting system
- practice non-discrimination
- have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
- if they are a private voluntary organization, they must have a volunteer board and
- comply with all EFSP regulations.
A Local Board made up of local government, non-profit organizations and United Way of Indian River County, et al, determine how the funds awarded to Indian River County are to be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in the area.The Local Board is responsible for recommending agencies to receive these funds and any additional funds made available under this phase of the program.