We're currently looking for a part-time Receptionist and Staff Assistant at our Vero Beach location (1836 14th Ave)! Please review the position summary and responsibilites below.
Job Title: Receptionist/Staff Assistant Classification:
Part Time Position: Noon to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (COO)
Position Summary: To perform as front desk receptionist and to provide general assistance under limited supervision to other United Way of Indian River County [UWIRC] staff. As UWIRC’s “Vice-President of First Impressions” it is critical that the Receptionist/Staff Assistant be an effective communicator, a gracious human being and a professional representative of this agency. This employee will be interacting, both in person and telephonically, with volunteers, building tenants, vendors, visitors to the building and other team members.
• Performs as switchboard operator, answering questions and/or referring incoming calls to appropriate UWIRC staff.
•Greet visitors to the United Way Center [UWC] and assist them with information regarding meetings, the location of tenant agencies in the United Way building or announcing/directing guests to the appropriate staff member.
•Schedules usage of UWC’s Community and Board Room by local nonprofits on www.CalendarWiz.com including collection of appropriate forms and documents. When needed, assist those using the UWC with entry to the Community Room and instruction on use of AV equipment, process for exiting UWC after hours, clean up requirements, etc.
Miscellaneous duties include:
• Check for incoming faxes and direct them to the proper individual.
• Replenish copy paper in Kyocera at end of each weekday.
• Replenish refrigerators (both floors) with water at end of each weekday.
• Secure receptionist’s area at end of day by closing and locking the grate.
Supporting other UWIRC staff by assisting with duties including but not limited to:
• Copying, faxing, filing and other tasks of a similar nature.
• Working on UWIRC mailings (folding, stuffing, sealing, stamping, etc.)
• Low-level data entry or clean up within Raiser’s Edge 7.
• Tracks and orders office, campaign or event supplies.
• Arranges equipment maintenance when needed.
• Help coordinate Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) appointment scheduling.
• Sell tickets to Jackie Robinson Celebration Games.
• Supports events by managing RSVPs and maintaining registrations.
• Possible assistance at UWIRC events and meetings (Campaign Cabinet and Board meetings, donor appreciation events, Thank You event, etc.) with setup and registration.
• Supports donor engagement efforts: sending birthday and thank you cards, creating certificates.
• Maintains (updates, researches, and corrects) membership rosters of committees, funded and community partners.
• Attend biweekly staff meetings as required.
• Provide other general support as directed by supervisor.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Minimum: High school diploma.
Preferred: Associate's degree or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Desirable Skills and Qualities:
•Exceptional verbal communication skills.
• Active listener.
• Effective multitasker.
• Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
• Take personal initiative – working both independently and as a team member.
• A reliable and enthusiastic team player.
• Interpersonal aplomb.
• A polite approach and desire to be helpful to others.
• Exhibits high personal standards of integrity, honesty and character.
• A pleasant smile and helpful attitude.
TO APPLY: Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com
This position pays $11 per hour and provides limited benefits