You can do your taxes FOR FREE online through MyFreeTaxes.com or United Way IRS certified volunteers can file for you.
- MyFreeTaxes.com is an online program powered by H&R Block that allows you to file your taxes YOURSELF if your total household income was $66,000 or less in 2018.
- VITA, (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance), will prepare and file your returns FOR YOU if your total household income was $55,000 or less in 2018.
What to bring with you to a VITA site?
- MUST BRING SS cards or ITIN# for you, your spouse, and all dependents
- MUST BRING Valid picture IDs
- MUST PROVIDE Identity Theft Pin # if applicable
- W-2 Forms from all jobs worked in 2018
- Copy of your 2017 tax return (if you filed one)
If any of the following apply to you, bring documentation:
- All 1099 forms showing other income received in 2018
- Health Insurance form 1095-A, B or C if received
- Routing # and Account # for direct deposit of your refund
- Savings Account and Routing # to save part of your refund
- Childcare expenses, with provider address & federal ID#
- Mortgage interest statements
- Any notices received from the IRS or state tax office
- College tuition and student loan interest statements
- Lottery/gambling winnings
- Unemployment benefits
If you lost or do not have documentation relevant to your situation, you can still get your taxes prepared. Go to IRS.gov to obtain more information
Call (772) 567-8900 ext. 120, or email email@example.com for more information.